The moist chocolate cake is made with almond & coconut flour, sweetened only with a little honey. The fresh whipped cream and strawberries are sweetened with a touch of maple syrup. Its the kind of dessert that wont leave you feeling stuffed after a nice meal.
None of your guests will ever know this moist cake is gluten free. But you will feel better knowing that this tasty creation is the healthier version of your typical sugar & chemical loaded box cake mix.
Fresh raw cream and local strawberries make this cake simply amazing but any kind of whipping cream and berries are just fine!
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Honey (Maple Syrup or Sugar is Fine)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Milk or Coconut Milk
- 6 Eggs, Separated
- 4 tbsp Melted Butter or Coconut Oil (plus more for greasing the pans)
- 3 Cups Sliced Strawberries (about 1 & 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or other sweetener
- 2 Cups Raw Cream or Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Nutella or Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients for cake except for the 6 egg whites. Put egg whites in a separate bowl. Mix other ingredients with a mixer or by hand.
- With a hand mixer beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. In a bowl gently fold in egg whites to incorporate into the batter.
- Use Butter or coconut oil to grease two 8-9 inch cake pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While cake is cooking, add maple syrup to cream and whip with a mixer until desired consistency.
- Once cakes cool, spread half of Nutella on first cake, followed by a layer of whipped cream and strawberries. Top with the other cake, remaining Nutella, whipped cream and strawberries. If there is any remaining strawberries or cream, continue with layers or save for when serving the cake.