These tender, fall off the bone ribs are a unique creation made with the one and only special edition of Blackwater Mustard from Contoocook, NH. This handmade hot & sweet delightful mustard is spiced up with the edition of chocolate stout making a truly pleasant experience when added to any dish. These meaty baby back ribs are rubbed with spices, cooked to perfection, and slathered with the sweet & spicy goodness of the best mustard you will ever taste. After the mustard is slathered onto the ribs for a final blast on the grill or in the oven, these tender baby backs are ready to devour with more mustard or your favorite bbq sauce.
If you live in NH you can find this mustard locally at some farmers markets and stores. Contact Steve for more information.
- 3-6 lbs baby back ribs
- 2T paprika
- 2T brown sugar
- 3 t salt
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t chili powder
- 4-8 T Blackwater Chocolate Stout Mustard
Mix all the spices together and rub generously onto the ribs. You can do this the night before and let it marinade for more flavor.
Cooking methods: Grilling is always best but the oven works great too!
- Charcoal or gas grill. Cook/smoke on low heat for 2-3 hours
- Cook ribs in the oven @250, covered with aluminum foil for 2 hours. Finish on the grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook ribs entirely in the oven @250 for 2-3 hours. Until meat is tender.
Once the ribs are fully cooked, slather with Blackwater mustard. Return to grill or oven @350 for 10 minutes for a nice mustard crust. Serve ribs with more mustard or your favorite bbq sauce.
* Because of the chocolate stout in this edition of Blackwater Mustard, this recipe is not gluten free. The original Blackwater mustard IS gluten free and works just as well.